Friday, October 13, 2006

Who Do You Trust?

When you go to work, do you trust your co-workers not to screw you over? Those backstabbing bastards. How about going into a job interview? Will you really get the position you wanted with the perks? Maybe, maybe not. The most notorious in this category is military recruiters. "We'll make sure you get to flight school and be stationed in Hawaii."
Politicians are the kings of all bullshitters. Think about it. Ever try to get several thousand (or million) voters to pick your name out of a group? If I were to run for office, I'd be honest about it. "Vote for me and I'll be the biggest whore in the world. All you have to do is line my pockets with cash." It happens anyway, so it's best to tell the truth up front. It's called integrity.
Can you trust the butcher? Not at my grocery store. I buy meat, put it in the freezer and thaw it out a couple of days later. It smells of ass because it probably wasn't fresh in the first place. I slaughter the neighbors' pets nowadays.
Of course, we've found out that you can't trust your congressman with your kid. And that's because Representative Cock Gobbler (R-Fl) ruined that for us too.
What's the lesson from all of this? Don't rely on anyone else, except for your gut and Hairy Carrot.

No comments: